Support For All Businesses
- In times of Economic Downturns or Seasons of Success, our small businesses should be supported first !
- Corporations that bring much needed jobs and tax revenue to Rural NC should be sought out and welcomed.
"Politicians have created a strange division between large corporations and small businesses that doesn't help our district. Our federal policies should NOT favor one above the other, and there should be a strong economical foundation that will ensure our smallest businesses survive. But at the end of the day, voters want jobs...whether it's at our local coffee shops and restaurants or the stores and warehouses of our largest corporations."
Term Limits for Congress
- 3 terms in the House, 2 terms in the Senate. If politicians are to be truly trusted and respected, their time in Congress should be limited !
- Allowing citizens to have a Fair chance at winning a Federal seat is an Equity issue.
"Term limits are supported by a majority of voters and it's my heartfelt priority. I don't believe I could serve in any public office without allowing new ideas to emerge...ideas that did not originate with me. It's only fair, and no candidate in the NC-01 should run without pledging their support!"
- Providing municipalities the resources needed for long overdue improvements to their water & sewer systems, while assisting with State funding for NC's road projects including rural city + county located roads and highways.
"A surge of flexible federal infrastructure funding is needed to improve the many struggling water and wastewater systems in North Carolina. Also needed are resources that will facilitate the formation of self-sustained enterprises that will NOT have to rely on a depleting pool of Fed resources."
Strong & Modern Military
- A strong technologically-advanced Armed Forces, with unwavering support for our Veterans, increased funding for services & programs to support families of active duty members.
- NO HOMESLESS VETERANS in the 1st District !
"A strong military that is technologically advanced with unwavering support for our veterans , plus increased services and programs for the families of active duty service members is a must! On the global stage, our strength is synonymous with the strength of our military and its policies."
Access & Internships
- A total of 6 NC-01 District offices to ensure that all our citizens have access to me & my staff (Currently there is only 1 District office for 15 Counties).
- Interns from Community Colleges & Universities will be Paid + gain experience in our DC and District offices.
"Internships are instrumental in the success of our college students. With a total of 6 District Offices instead of only 1, staffed by paid interns from our 2-year & 4-year colleges and universities, our students will learn politics from the inside. One day they will be trusted leaders and elected officials of our cities and counties!"
Criminal Justice Reform
- Innovative, sustainable, and community-led solutions to address inequalities and biases in our
court + prison system.
- Targeted funding for mental-health related programs.
- An improved & fair bail system for those who are living at or below the Federal Poverty Line.
"The poorest are sadly destined to be stuck in a prison system simply because they cannot afford bail. Policies to create a fair bail and bond system should be a priority, while ensuring that violent offenders are not prematurely released into communities to commit more crimes while awaiting trial."
"You'll hear me say this throughout our campaigns and even while I'm in office - I vote on National Issues because that's part of the job, but my focus is on my District, the NC-01. If I mean what I say about only serving 6 years ( 3 term limits ) in the US House, then I cannot and will not waste our opportunities fighting about issues, people, or viewpoints that are not directly making our District better." - JS